So I’m heading off on my holidays to Cyprus and I am beyond excited for it! Finally I’m getting to lounge around with nothing to do and just chill out. H E A V E N!
One of the main struggles for me on holiday is getting my massive makeup collection condensed down to a travel size collection and also making sure the product I take with me can hold their own against the intense level of heat and humidity my face is going to be dealing with.
So what am I actually packing to take with me?
- Simple Make-Up Wipes — I mean they’re makeup wipes, I dunno what to say. They get the makeup off of my face quickly, as we usually eat late at night due to the heat and therefore get home super late and want to get to sleep by the time we get in.
- Pixi Glow Tonic — futher clensing, to make sure that I got all of the makeup off and to prevent clogged pores.
- Simple Purifying Lotion — second clense, gotta keep that skin extra clean to prevent breakouts (well for me anyway).
- Clinique Pore Refining Solution — I’ve been using this semi-regualr in an attempt to minimise the appearance of the enlarged pores I have on my cheeks, and I think it’s working (?).
- Mizon Blemish Out Pink Spot — For when being in the sun and the heat brings out all of the yucky stuff in my skin and causes spots. I really like this product and has replaced my usual method of putting sudocream on spots.
My Make-Up Routine for 30°C+ Weather
- Make sure that my skin is sufficiently moisturised and primed before applying foundation; a good primer is the difference between the makeup staying on my face and sweating off before we’ve even left the villa. I’ve been using a combinaiton of Benefit Porefessional Matte Resuce and the original Benefit Porefessional (which I dab onto the areas of my face which need futher blurring).
- Foundation time! This was the hardest part for me as I really enjoy a fully matte foundation, but wanting a matte finish in such hot and humid weather seems a bit of a counterproducive process. So I’ve decided to leave my trusty Urban Decay All Nighter behind in favour of MAC Pro Longwear, as it is a natural finish foundation while providing a decent amount of coverage (and I LOVE my full coverage foundations). I’ve been using the MAC Pro Longwear for a few months now so I know I can rely on it to last on my skin for about 8-10 hours.
- Concealer — I don’t usually need a lot of concealer as I don’t get really dark undereyes, but the ones I’ve been using for about a year now are the Maybelline Age Rewind (cover any dark circles) and the Urban Decay Naked skin (to brighten the undereye).
- POWDER THAT FACE! I’ve been applying my powerder with my dampened beauty sponge for about 6 months now and I really like the finish it leaves, it makes the powerder look less powdery (?) and sinks into the skin more — so it doesn’t look like I’m wearing a load of powder when my makeup is locked in and won’t budge for the majority of the day. I finally managed to get hold of the cult favourite RCMA No-Color Powder and I’m sooo obsessed with it??
- Time for bronzer and blush; Bronzer is such an under rater makeup product in my opinion, I’ve been using Benefits Hoola (and more recently the Hoola Lite) to give my face a bit of warmth and structure, as I’ve gone off of fully contouring my face for an everyday look but like to create some shape with bronzer. The blush I’ve been obsessed with lately is the Benefit Coralista, as it gives a more natural looking flush to the face than a pink blush.
- Brows are key; as someone who has naturally very full brows I quickly fill in any sparse looking areas and define the shape with the Benefit Brow Definer, and when I’m on holiday I always make sure to use a brow gel (preferably a waterproof one, a.k.a sweat proof — as no-one wants to find their brows have gone missing halfway through the night).
- Eyes are the window to the soul etc., I’ve decided I’m only going to take one palette away with me this year, in an attempt to slim down this already massive list of products. I decided to take my newest addition to my collection with me for a road test, the Violet Vostok Holy Grail palette. I love a warm neutral eye as those tones really makes my green eyes pop ?✨
- Liquid lipsticks only! I learnt this lesson the hard way last summer when my beloved collection of MAC lipsticks started to melt and break off ? So this year I left them behind in favour of the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour as they’re my go to liquid lipsticks ?
- Bring on the glow! ✨✨✨ As many other makeup lovers do, I love highlighting as it elegant any look into making you look like a glowing goddess ?? When I got my university results back I decided to treat myself to the Violet Voss Rose Gold highlighter palette ?? and its E V E R Y T H I N G ? Even for a pale girl like myself the this palette is to die for! I like to give the high points of my face a generous dusting with a fan brush for that air brushed looking highlight.
- Locking it all in place: as I have mentioned many times in the post, it gets very hot and very humid in Cyprus ☀️?? and to make sure my makeup stays in place all evening I use a combination of MAC fix+ to melt the makeup into my skin and Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day (the new coconut smell is so good ?) to make sure my makeup won’t be moving until I decided to take it off.
*scrolls back up to the top… I didn’t mean for this post to be so long, oops.??♀️*
To anyone that’s actually made it to the end, thank you! ?❤️ Your continued support of my posts means so much to me? Pleas let me know what Elise you’d like to see from me either while I’m on holiday or when I’m back in London.
Hopefully talk to you soon guys,